Over 90% of buyers now days begin their search on the internet. When the typical buyer looks at an online listing, the first thing he or she does is look at the photo, according to Michael Seiler, PhD, founder and director of the Institute for Behavioral and Experimental Real Estate at Old Dominion University. “We find that the photo is overwhelmingly viewed first,” concludes Seiler’s study.
Photos are THE single most important influence in getting buyers to look at your listing. Amateur photos, or worse yet, no photos, will turn off potential buyers and away they go to look at other listings. In the click of a mouse, you’ve lost them forever. You may have a nice camera, but that doesn’t mean you know how to compose good photos any more than having a guitar means you know how to play it. There’s an art to real estate photography that includes having the right equipment, knowing how to use it and knowing how to edit photos that takes time to master.
TOP 5 Reasons to Use a Professional
1) You don’t have to invest the time and money on equipment and learning how to use it
2) You have a team of professionals working with you which adds value to the customer increasing your likelihood of getting the listing over an agent that doesn’t
3) Professionally photographed homes sell faster and for more money* which makes for happy customers
4) Happy customers are more likely to refer you to their friends and family which equates to more listings and sales
5) More listings and sales are the goal of the exercise and now you have the time to dedicate to them
Setting up the shoot is as important as knowing how to shoot it. There’s only so much we can do in post production editing to improve the quality of the subject, in this case, your seller’s property. Whether you use us, another photographer or you take your own photos, see our article on getting ready for the shoot. Those tips will make a HUGE difference in the quality, and consequently, the effectiveness of your photos.
*Redfin study released in 2010 and again in 2016